India greets US on its Independence Day
New Delhi: India and the US share values of democracy and their cooperation will be the "defining partnership" in the 21st century, President Pranab Mukherjee said on Thursday while wishing the government and citizens of the US on the eve of the country`s Independence Day.
The US celebrates its 237th Independence Day on July 04.
Mukherjee, in a message to President Barack Obama, said the occasion reminded him of the "shared values of democracy, pluralism, equality, liberty and rule of law that form the bedrock of the global strategic partnership between India and the United States of America".
"India shares the view that this relationship will be a defining partnership of the 21st century. We remain committed to working closely with the United States of America to realise this vision," he added.
"Our bilateral cooperation, in virtually every sphere of human endeavour, has been to the mutual benefit of both our peoples. Indeed, our strategic partnership contributes significantly to the global security and economic architecture," Mukherjee said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside