India happy to contribute in Bangladesh`s development: Pranab
New Delhi: Expressing satisfaction over recent progress in bilateral relations, President Pranab Mukherjee has said that India is happy to contribute in Bangladesh`s development.
"Multifaceted cooperation between the two countries has further strengthened through a number of initiatives taken by both sides over the recent past.
"India is happy to contribute and participate in Bangladesh`s development," he told Bangladesh`s Agriculture Minister Begum Matia Chowdhury during a meeting on Wednesday.
Chowdhury is in India to explore cooperation in the field of agriculture between the two neighbours.
"The President conveyed to the agriculture minister that India would be happy to extend every assistance possible to Bangladesh in the field of agriculture," a Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson release said today.
Mukherjee expressed satisfaction over progress in India-Bangladesh relations in recent times and appreciated Dhaka`s efforts in this regard, it said.
The President told the visiting minister that India is a natural and primary development partner of Bangladesh.
He said he was glad to meet her at this important period when the bilateral relationship is at an all time high.
Mukherjee asked Begum Chowdhury to convey his greetings to President Zillur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional