India has a solid non-proliferation record: US
Washington: Describing India`s non-proliferation record as "solid", the US refused to express any concern on the country`s nuclear-capable Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile launch.
"India has a solid non-proliferation record. They`re engaged with the international community on non- proliferation issues. And Prime Minister (Manmohan) Singh has attended both of the nuclear security summits, the one in Washington and then Seoul," the State Department spokesperson, Mark Toner, told reporters at his daily news conference.
"We urge all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint regarding nuclear capabilities. That said, you know, India has a solid non-proliferation record," Toner said.
"So you wouldn`t have any specific concerns on it as a destabilising factor in the region?" he was asked again.
"I`ll just stay with, you know, the fact that we always caution all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint," Toner responded.
"We have got a very strong strategic and security partnership with India. So we obviously have routine discussions about a wide range of topics, including their defence requirements. I`m not aware that we`ve specifically raised this issue with them," he said.
"I understand there are some press reports that it was postponed. You know, naturally, I just would say that we urge all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint regarding nuclear capabilities," the State Department spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video