India has a solid non-proliferation record: US
Washington: Describing India`s non-proliferation record as "solid", the US refused to express any concern on the country`s nuclear-capable Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile launch.
"India has a solid non-proliferation record. They`re engaged with the international community on non- proliferation issues. And Prime Minister (Manmohan) Singh has attended both of the nuclear security summits, the one in Washington and then Seoul," the State Department spokesperson, Mark Toner, told reporters at his daily news conference.
"We urge all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint regarding nuclear capabilities. That said, you know, India has a solid non-proliferation record," Toner said.
"So you wouldn`t have any specific concerns on it as a destabilising factor in the region?" he was asked again.
"I`ll just stay with, you know, the fact that we always caution all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint," Toner responded.
"We have got a very strong strategic and security partnership with India. So we obviously have routine discussions about a wide range of topics, including their defence requirements. I`m not aware that we`ve specifically raised this issue with them," he said.
"I understand there are some press reports that it was postponed. You know, naturally, I just would say that we urge all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint regarding nuclear capabilities," the State Department spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!
- China faces 1-year ban from weightlifting over doping