India has been dwarfed under `weak` PM: Arun Jaitley
Patna: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Saturday attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying he frequently used the expression "India stands tall as a nation", and alleged that it was the country that had been "dwarfed" under a "weak" PM.
"Prime Minister is often heard using the expression India stands tall as a nation. But, the fact is that the country has been dwarfed under a weak PM," Jaitley said at the two-day state executive meet of the BJP which began here.
"Even a small nation in the Indian ocean Maldives defies India. Pakistani soldiers behead our army jawan and Parliament of that country condemns hanging of Afzal Guru ... Despite all these the PM favours continuing dialogue with Pakistan delinking terrorist acts," Jaitley said.
Stating that Ottavio Quattrocchi escaped from the country while recently Italian marines left the country giving a `wrong affidavit` in the Supreme Court, he said it was for the people to decide whether the UPA government had held the country`s head high or dwarfed it.
Jaitley, the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, alleged that due to `indecision` of the government foreign investments were not coming to the country.
"Investments of over Rs 7 lakh crore is hanging fire due to indecisive nature of the UPA government," he said.
Referring to 2G and Commonwealth scam and more recently the purchase of helicopters, he blamed the UPA allies of shielding the ruling coalition despite differences on several issues.
"DMK is angry over the condition of Tamils in Sri Lanka. SP and BSP keep criticising Manmohan Singh government over issues, but vote for it at crucial moments," Jaitley said.
Hailing the leadership of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy and senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi, he referred to the state`s demand for special status and said "Centre should not do politics with economically backward states in terms of their growth."
The BJP state executive committee meeting, the first under newly-appointed state party chief Mangal Pandey, would discuss organisational issues ahead of 2014.
It was being attended by actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, national spokesmen Shahnawaz Hussain and Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi and state ministers and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400