India has been dwarfed under `weak` PM: Arun Jaitley
Patna: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Saturday attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying he frequently used the expression "India stands tall as a nation", and alleged that it was the country that had been "dwarfed" under a "weak" PM.
"Prime Minister is often heard using the expression India stands tall as a nation. But, the fact is that the country has been dwarfed under a weak PM," Jaitley said at the two-day state executive meet of the BJP which began here.
"Even a small nation in the Indian ocean Maldives defies India. Pakistani soldiers behead our army jawan and Parliament of that country condemns hanging of Afzal Guru ... Despite all these the PM favours continuing dialogue with Pakistan delinking terrorist acts," Jaitley said.
Stating that Ottavio Quattrocchi escaped from the country while recently Italian marines left the country giving a `wrong affidavit` in the Supreme Court, he said it was for the people to decide whether the UPA government had held the country`s head high or dwarfed it.
Jaitley, the Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, alleged that due to `indecision` of the government foreign investments were not coming to the country.
"Investments of over Rs 7 lakh crore is hanging fire due to indecisive nature of the UPA government," he said.
Referring to 2G and Commonwealth scam and more recently the purchase of helicopters, he blamed the UPA allies of shielding the ruling coalition despite differences on several issues.
"DMK is angry over the condition of Tamils in Sri Lanka. SP and BSP keep criticising Manmohan Singh government over issues, but vote for it at crucial moments," Jaitley said.
Hailing the leadership of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy and senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi, he referred to the state`s demand for special status and said "Centre should not do politics with economically backward states in terms of their growth."
The BJP state executive committee meeting, the first under newly-appointed state party chief Mangal Pandey, would discuss organisational issues ahead of 2014.
It was being attended by actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, national spokesmen Shahnawaz Hussain and Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi and state ministers and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in