India has failed to perceive China`s planned LAC policy: BJP
Jammu: Expressing concern over reported Chinese incursions into Indian territories, BJP on Friday charged that it is an outcome of the policy failures of successive Congress governments at the Centre.
"This is an outcome of India`s failure to perceive China`s well-planned policy to exploit ambiguity over the LAC which has been perpetuated by successive Congress governments in New Delhi", BJP J-K chief spokesperson, Jitendra Singh said here today.
He alleged that it started from the first Congress government headed by Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and unfortunately even today, despite frequent recent incursions by Chinese, the present UPA government led by Congress is making no determined effort to redeem this ambiguity.
He expressed concern over reports that China has incrementally occupied nearly 640 square km of area on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh and the National Security Advisory Board Member Shyam Saran having confirmed that China has also stopped Indian troops from patrolling at the LAC in Ladakh.
Singh went on to explain that the LAC, also known as the MacCartney-MacDonald Line, is an assumed border between India and the People`s Republic of China.
Alleging that there were no lessons learnt even after 1962, Jitendra Singh said the term "LAC" was allowed to gain legal recognition through Sino-Indian agreements signed in 1993 and 1996.
He quoted the 1996 agreement which stated, "No activities of either side shall overstep the Line of Actual Control".
In spite of all these agreements, Singh said the Chinese continue to revel in ambiguity over LAC and even after the three week standoff between Indian and Chinese troops earlier this year, the Chinese troops are regularly intruding into Indian territory and also committing human rights violation by causing fear among the local population on Indian side.
BJP spokesman called upon the UPA government to come out with a policy document on China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried