India has `reservations` over China`s activities in PoK
New Delhi: India on Friday expressed serious reservations over Chinese activities in PoK and said New Delhi has conveyed its views to authorities in Beijing.
Development in other countries is not a matter of us. To the extent that it involves Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir, India`s views have conveyed to Beijing, Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai told reporters here.
"Our views have been conveyed to the Chinese authorities. We have serious reservations on it," he said.
Mathai`s response came a day after Chinese Premier Li Keqiang indicated that Beijing will go ahead with building infrastructure in PoK despite India`s concerns, signing a MoU with Islamabad on a transport corridor expected to pass through the disputed region.
China has called for an economic corridor to link the country`s far-western Xinjiang region to Pakistan`s strategic Gwadar port on the Arabian Sea, which China helped build and is now managing.
Despite India`s known concerns over the projects in PoK, China has been going ahead with its activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt