India has vital role in strengthening world peace: Dalai Lama
Manali: Tibetan spiritual guru the
Dalai Lama today said he foresees India playing a pivotal role
in strengthening the world peace.
"Strong democratic institutions in India will help it
play an effective role in making a peaceful and better world
in the 21st century," he told reporters at a Tibetan monastery
The Dalai Lama, who was here to preach on Gyalsey Thokme
Sangpo`s 37 practices of Bodhisattva (Laklen Sodonma), said
Buddhism is not only a religion but a "pure science and many
scientists are trying to interpret its true essence through
On the statement made by External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna that India considers Tibetan Autonomous Region as part
of China and "that should bring down curtains on any
controversy", the Dalai Lama said there was nothing new in it
as India`s stand has been the same since 1954.
"China has the habit of making a hue and cry over my
meetings with any world leader," he said.
On his remarks on social networking site `Twitter` that
certain members of his community were critical of his "middle
path" policy for solution of Tibet problem, the Dalai Lama
said Tibetan youths were committed to non-violence and barring
a few voices of dissent, majority of Tibetans were still
hopeful that a peaceful solution could be found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest