India hits back, rejects Pakistan’s resolution on Afzal Guru
New Delhi: Parliament on Friday outrightly rejected Pakistan National Assembly`s resolution on execution of Afzal Guru, terming it as interference in India`s internal affairs and asked it to desist from such acts of support for extremist and terrorist elements.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha passed a resolution asserting that the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir, including the territory under illegal occupation of Pakistan, "is and shall always be an integral part of India".
Emphasising that any attempt to interfere in India`s internal affairs will be met "resolutely and with complete unity" of the nation, it asked Pakistan to fulfil its commitment not to allow terrorism from its soil if it wants peaceful relations with India.
"This House totally rejects the Resolution passed by the National Assembly of Pakistan on March 14, 2013," said the resolution adopted unanimously by both the Houses after concern was expressed over the development.
Pakistan`s National Assembly yesterday passed a resolution condemning the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru and demanded that his body be returned to his family.
"The House rejects interference in the internal affairs of India and calls upon the National Assembly of Pakistan to desist from such acts of support for extremist and terrorist elements," the resolution said.
Noting that Pakistan has committed that it would not allow its territory to be used for terrorism against India, the resolution said "only fulfilment of this commitment can be the basis for peaceful relations with Pakistan."
The resolution was read out by Speaker Meira Kumar in the Lok Sabha and Chairman Hamid Ansari in the Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH