India holds wargames along China, Pakistan border
New Delhi: With an aim of checking its preparedness, army recently conducted wargames along the China border and is preparing for similar exercises along the Pakistan frontier soon.
The exercises in the North East were conducted by 33 Corps under the Eastern Army Command earlier this month, army sources said.
Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh oversaw these exercises which were intended to check the battle preparedness vis-a-vis the Chinese army, the sources said.
Similar exercises will be conducted along the Pakistan border soon, the sources said.
The Army Chief will visit Pune this week in connection with the exercises.
India has been focussing on two fronts of China and Pakistan in terms of preparations, keeping in view the threat perception.
In the last five years, India has held several exercises including Op Vijayee Bhava, Op Sudarshan Shakti and Op Sangh-e-Shakti to validate its war-fighting concepts with the enemy.
In the recent past, the main focus of infrastructure development of the Indian armed forces has been eastern part of the country which has not seen much development since independence.
The Army has already raised two mountain divisions along with a Special Forces battalion, an artillery brigade and an armoured regiment for deployment in the northeast sector.
The IAF on its part has deployed its frontline aircraft SU-30MKI in North East and plans to activate a large umber of new airfields there soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation