India, Hungary discuss ways to enhance civil N-cooperation
New Delhi: India on Tuesday discussed ways to
enhance civil nuclear cooperation with Hungary, which is the
current Chair of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
At present, India has civil nuclear agreements with seven
countries including the US, Russia, France and Khzakhstan and
is looking to ink the same with other NSG countries.
This was discussed during a meeting between External
Affairs Minister S M Krishna and Hungary Foreign Minister
Peter Balazs, who is currently here on a five-day official
visit to the country. Balazs is leaving on Thursday.
The two leaders discussed bilateral, regional and
international issues and stressed for the need to strengthen
bilateral ties in trade, investment, IT, pharmaceuticals,
auto-components, energy, defence & security, S&T, agriculture
sector and also in consular and cultural matters, including
sports, an official statement said here.
Earlier in the day, the visiting dignitary had a meeting
with Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Jyotiraditya
Scindia and issues pertaining to strengthening of trade and
investment were discussed.
Before arriving in Delhi, Balazs visited Agra on January
17 and did some sightseeing in and around the national
capital, it said, adding that he will also go to Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!