India, Iran partners for skill development
New Delhi: India`s state-run National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) Sunday signed an agreement with Iran`s Technical and Vocational Training Organisation (TVTO) to jointly collaborate in skill development.
"This is an exclusive initiative to enhance collaborations in skill development in both the countries and share working models and experiences," NSDC chief executive Dilip Chenoy said on the occasion here.
Set up in 2010 by the union finance ministry under public-private partnership, with 51 percent equity by the private sector and 49 percent stake of the central government, NSDC is mandated to impart skill to 150 million Indians by 2022.
Iranian deputy minister Kourosh Parand, who is leading an 11-member delegation here, signed the agreement and discussed skill partnership with Chenoy and other officials.
"Our partnership with India will focus on innovative approach to address skills shortage in both the countries, and explore long-term solutions for young people entering the workforce," Parand said.
Run as a not-for-profit firm, the corporation has 2,011 training centres in 335 districts across the country, with 136 training partners and 31 sector skill councils.
As part of the agreement, NSDC will support TVTO in setting up a vocational education and training system, conduct skill gap studies in various sectors and across geographies, setting up of sector-skills councils, creation of national occupational standards and launching of special projects.
"The sector skill councils will impart skill in construction, agriculture, handicraft, textiles, apparel, capital goods, automotive, IT-ITeS, healthcare, hydrocarbons, security, plumbing, electronics, mining, telecom, aviation and aerospace, food processing and hospitality," Chenoy said.
Affiliated to the ministry of cooperatives, labour and social welfare, TVTO was founded in 1980 by integrating three training organisations to implement training through public and private sectors across Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune