India keen on Qureshi`s visit: Preneet
Patiala: India on Saturday said it was keen on
the visit of Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi
whose remarks had almost derailed the recent bilateral talks
"Our External Affairs Minister S M Krishna has already
extended the invitation to his Pakistani counterpart recently.
"It is up to them how they will move forward," Minister
of State State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur told
She, however, added India was keen on Qureshi`s visit
to the country.
The Minister said India was willing to take another
step to build trust between the two countries.
"We always hope there will be a step forward to enhance
the trust between two countries," Kaur, an MP from Patiala,
Qureshi`s sharp remarks about Union Home Secretary G K
Pillai and S M Krishna`s allegedly making telephone calls from
Islamabad to New Delhi during the recent talks had dealt a
blow to efforts to sustain the bilateral dialogue.
To a question, Preneet Kaur said British Prime
Minister David Cameron during his recent visit to India had
clearly stated that Pakistan should curb terrorism emanating
from its territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons