`India keen to conduct joint exercise with China`
Gwalior: India is keen to conduct joint
exercise with China, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik on Tuesday said
amid growing tensions between the two neighbours over the
visit of the Dalai Lama to Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
"We are keen to do joint exercise with China and also
with other nations. We have already done with the US, UK,
France and few other nations," Naik told reporters here at the
Maharajpur Air Force Base when asked whether India is ready to
do joint exercise with China.
When asked about reports of China restarting its
closed airports situated close to the border, he merely said
"we have a long-term plan and we do things according to our
Beijing has strongly objected to the Dalai Lama`s visit
and in recent days it has stepped up rhetoric claiming Tawang
and whole of Arunachal as part of China.
On the issue of President Pratibha Patil`s proposed
sortie in the Sukhoi fighter plane, he said that it would help
in motivating and preparing lady fighter pilots in the
The Air Chief Marshal arrived here on the occasion of
Presidential visit to the Air Force Maharajpura base to award
Standards to 47 Squadron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch