India keen to work with Uganda for development partnership: Modi
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday expressed India`s desire to join hands with Uganda for development partnership in all fields.
The desire was conveyed when Ugandan Foreign Minister Sam Kutesa called on Modi here.
Kutesa conveyed a message of felicitation to the Prime Minister from Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni on his electoral victory and an invitation to him to visit Uganda.
Modi thanked Kutesa for the message from Museveni. He accepted the latter?s invitation to visit Uganda with pleasure and also requested the Ugandan Foreign Minister to convey his invitation to President Museveni to the 3rd India-Africa Forum Summit to be held in India later this year, a PMO statement said.
Kutesa expressed Uganda`ss desire to build on excellent relations between the two countries, whether bilaterally or in multilateral platforms, by working with the new Government of India, the statement said.
He underlined the potential for developmental cooperation between India and Uganda in the fields of investment, ICT, hydropower and capacity-building.
"The Prime Minister reaffirmed India`s desire to join hands with Uganda for development partnership in all fields," the statement said.
Modi also congratulated Kutesa on his election as the President of the 69th session of the UN General Assembly, and expressed confidence that issues of interest to the developing world would receive his special attention during his tenure as President of the UN General Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog