India looking forward to Obama`s November visit: Krishna
New York: India was looking forward to US President Barack Obama`s "very important" visit in November, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna has said, noting that
First Lady Michelle Obama was "excited" about the trip.
Krishna said that at a reception hosted by Obama for world leaders, who are here for the UN General Assembly session, he told the President that his visit to India was
going to be "very important".
"President Obama mentioned to me that he was looking forward to his visit to India and I conveyed to him that Dr Manmohan Singh and his government and the people of India are looking forward to welcoming him in India and it`s going to be a very important visit," the minister told a news agency.
"The First Lady (Michelle Obama) is excited about her visit," he said.
Reacting to the turnout of foreign ministers and envoys at a reception hosted for him by the Indian mission to the United Nations last night, Krishna noted that this was
indicative of India`s prominence on the international stage.
"This is India`s growth speaking up," he said following the event which was attended by 30 foreign ministers and 50 ambassadors as well as top United Nations diplomats.
Krishna has also been busy meeting his counterparts in bilateral and "plurilateral" sessions discussing several foreign policy issues ranging from disarmament to the peace
talks between the Israelis and Palestinians.
On September 22, Krishna had addressed the UN General Assembly on the Millennium Development Goals, and said that India was focusing on "inclusive growth."
On Monday, Krishna will address the annual debate of the UN General Assembly.
On whether his trip, so far, had been productive, Krishna said "everything that I`ve had...bilateral meetings, multilateral meetings...they have all been very very useful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly