India, Myanmar review bilateral relations
New Delhi: India and Myanmar Monday reviewed their entire gamut of bilateral relations besides discussing region and international issues.
The two sides expressed satisfaction over deepening of the bilateral relations, which have rapidly grown and gained momentum, including through the exchange of high level visits in the past year.
"The two sides reviewed and positively assessed the implementation of the decisions during the visits of the President of Myanmar Thein Sein to India in October 2011 and that of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Myanmar in May 2012," a statement released by the Ministry of External Affairs said.
The review of bilateral relations were undertaken as part of the 12th India-Myanmar Foreign Office Consultations here.
The consultations were held in a warm and cordial atmosphere and both sides reviewed the entire gamut of bilateral relationship and discussed regional and international issues of mutual interest, the statement said.
It was noted that "significant progress" has been achieved in taking forward the initiatives related to enhancing connectivity; promoting bilateral cooperation and exchanges in the areas of security, trade and commerce, banking, agriculture, health, science and technology among others.
It was agreed that the next round of Foreign Office Consultations would be held in Myanmar in 2013 at mutually convenient dates to be decided through diplomatic channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users