India names serving Pak officer in dossier for 26/11 role
New Delhi: A serving Pakistani Army officer
has been named in one of the three dossiers handed over by
India to Pakistan today for his suspected involvement in the
Mumbai terror attack.
The dossier has also named another officer, who has
retired as a Major. The two officers have been referred as
`Major Iqbal` and `Major Samir Ali,` sources said today.
The dossiers were handed over during the Indo-Pak Foreign
secretary level talks.
The role of `Major Iqbal` is believed to have emerged in
the interrogation by the FBI of US terror suspect David
Headley, arrested in Chicago in September last year in
connection with the Mumbai attack.
India has named 8 people, including `Major Iqbal` and
Hafiz Saeed, the leader of the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), the
suspected 26/11 mastermind. India wants Pakistan to take
action against these men and then hand them over to India.
Another dossier given by India says Pakistan is
providing sanctuary to militants of the Indian Mujahideen and
This dossier demands handing over of seven
Khalistani militants and 17 Indian Mujahideen terrorists which
includes five Pakistani nationals for their role in subversive
Four of the seven Khalsitani militants were named. They
are Jagtar Singh Hawara alias Tara, Ranjeet Singh alias Neeta,
Harminder Singh and Lakhvinder singh alias Rody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past