India names serving Pak officer in dossier for 26/11 role
New Delhi: A serving Pakistani Army officer
has been named in one of the three dossiers handed over by
India to Pakistan today for his suspected involvement in the
Mumbai terror attack.
The dossier has also named another officer, who has
retired as a Major. The two officers have been referred as
`Major Iqbal` and `Major Samir Ali,` sources said today.
The dossiers were handed over during the Indo-Pak Foreign
secretary level talks.
The role of `Major Iqbal` is believed to have emerged in
the interrogation by the FBI of US terror suspect David
Headley, arrested in Chicago in September last year in
connection with the Mumbai attack.
India has named 8 people, including `Major Iqbal` and
Hafiz Saeed, the leader of the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), the
suspected 26/11 mastermind. India wants Pakistan to take
action against these men and then hand them over to India.
Another dossier given by India says Pakistan is
providing sanctuary to militants of the Indian Mujahideen and
This dossier demands handing over of seven
Khalistani militants and 17 Indian Mujahideen terrorists which
includes five Pakistani nationals for their role in subversive
Four of the seven Khalsitani militants were named. They
are Jagtar Singh Hawara alias Tara, Ranjeet Singh alias Neeta,
Harminder Singh and Lakhvinder singh alias Rody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi