India names serving Pak officer in dossier for 26/11 role
New Delhi: A serving Pakistani Army officer
has been named in one of the three dossiers handed over by
India to Pakistan today for his suspected involvement in the
Mumbai terror attack.
The dossier has also named another officer, who has
retired as a Major. The two officers have been referred as
`Major Iqbal` and `Major Samir Ali,` sources said today.
The dossiers were handed over during the Indo-Pak Foreign
secretary level talks.
The role of `Major Iqbal` is believed to have emerged in
the interrogation by the FBI of US terror suspect David
Headley, arrested in Chicago in September last year in
connection with the Mumbai attack.
India has named 8 people, including `Major Iqbal` and
Hafiz Saeed, the leader of the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), the
suspected 26/11 mastermind. India wants Pakistan to take
action against these men and then hand them over to India.
Another dossier given by India says Pakistan is
providing sanctuary to militants of the Indian Mujahideen and
This dossier demands handing over of seven
Khalistani militants and 17 Indian Mujahideen terrorists which
includes five Pakistani nationals for their role in subversive
Four of the seven Khalsitani militants were named. They
are Jagtar Singh Hawara alias Tara, Ranjeet Singh alias Neeta,
Harminder Singh and Lakhvinder singh alias Rody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey