India names serving Pak officer in dossier for 26/11 role
New Delhi: A serving Pakistani Army officer
has been named in one of the three dossiers handed over by
India to Pakistan today for his suspected involvement in the
Mumbai terror attack.
The dossier has also named another officer, who has
retired as a Major. The two officers have been referred as
`Major Iqbal` and `Major Samir Ali,` sources said today.
The dossiers were handed over during the Indo-Pak Foreign
secretary level talks.
The role of `Major Iqbal` is believed to have emerged in
the interrogation by the FBI of US terror suspect David
Headley, arrested in Chicago in September last year in
connection with the Mumbai attack.
India has named 8 people, including `Major Iqbal` and
Hafiz Saeed, the leader of the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), the
suspected 26/11 mastermind. India wants Pakistan to take
action against these men and then hand them over to India.
Another dossier given by India says Pakistan is
providing sanctuary to militants of the Indian Mujahideen and
This dossier demands handing over of seven
Khalistani militants and 17 Indian Mujahideen terrorists which
includes five Pakistani nationals for their role in subversive
Four of the seven Khalsitani militants were named. They
are Jagtar Singh Hawara alias Tara, Ranjeet Singh alias Neeta,
Harminder Singh and Lakhvinder singh alias Rody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!