India needs a `realist PM`, not `economist PM`: Rajnath
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said the country needed a `realistic PM` to understand the feelings of the people rather than an `economist PM` who was not bothered about inflation, and claimed that corruption will `kill` Congress in the next Lok Sabha polls.
"India needs a realistic PM who can understand the problems and the concerns of the people. India doesn`t need an economist PM who is least bothered about inflation," Singh told reporters here.
"In the last nine years this government has failed to control inflation. Every three months the PM promises to bring down inflation, but nothing happens," he said.
Slamming the Congress, Singh said "As we know that Ram killed Ravan and Obama killed Osama, the same way corruption will kill Congress.
"This party (the Congress) is not bothered about the masses, but has reached the height in corruption. They will receive a fitting reply in the next Lok Sabha polls," he said.
Singh claimed that only a BJP-led government can provide an alternative to the Congress-ruled Centre.
"Atal Behari Vajpayee had shown how a country can be governed. He was able to control inflation for a straight six years. But this government has failed to control it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach