India needs long-term vision to become a superpower: Bhagwat
New Delhi: India has the means to become a superpower but lacks a long-term vision to achieve the objective, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Thursday said.
According to him, since Independence, the country has not been able to focus on a single vision and has changed it as per the prevailing circumstances.
"We have not set out a long-term vision since Independence. We have changed it based on emerging needs. We need a long-term vision and faith in our capabilities," he said quoting from a book he released here.
The RSS `sarsanghchalak` said countries like the US and China have not helped the world community despite becoming superpowers.
He said once India achieves the superpower status, it can "breathe a new life in the world".
In an oblique attack on politicians, he said India was facing a credibility crisis as people "we see daily are not considered trustworthy and those who can be trusted are not in limelight".
Bhagwat said people who are doing selfless work should understand that they are not alone.
"It is not necessary that they do the same thing, but they should work towards a similar goal," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy