‘India needs to review its Tibetan policy’
Dharamshala: The government should review its policy for Tibetans living in India so that they can pursue their freedom struggle and New Delhi should not come under the pressure from China in this issue, RSS functionary Indresh Kumar said on Wednesday.
"Government of India should review the policy for Tibetans living in India, so that they can live with ease and reach their goal of independent Tibet," Kumar said at a day-long seminar here organised by a voluntary organisation Himalayan Pariwar.
He said that the Indian government must not come under the pressure from China in such matters.
In view of the Chinese defence setup along the Himalayas, India must built its own strong rail and road network in northeast and northern hill states, including Himachal Pradesh, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh functionary said.
"Spreading rail network may be a costly affair in these areas, but it is not more costly than our Independence...," he said, adding that the government has to work above party line to develop such a network.
The programme was also attended by the Karmapa Lama, who expressed the Tibetan community`s gratefulness to India for providing them shelter in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH