India not to share info on Jundal with Pakistan
New Delhi: India will not share with Pakistan any information related to Syed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal who was arrested by the Delhi Police for his role in the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, sources in the Home Ministry said on Thursday.
Zaibuddin is being interrogated by law enforcement agencies and the ministry does not want its investigations hampered in any manner by sharing such information with Pakistan.
The sources said that Zabiuddin, an Indian national, holds a Pakistani passport and two Pakistani identity cards. "This indicates Pakistan`s complicity," a source said.
Zabiuddin, a key handler of 26/11 attackers, was arrested on June 21 on his arrival from Saudi Arabia.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had yesterday said there was clearly Pakistani state support to the terrorists responsible for the 26/11 attack.
His comments had evoked sharp reaction from Pakistan`s Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik who after rejecting Chidambaram`s assertion of "state support" to the terrorists said that ISI was a target of "propaganda campaign".
Chidambaram had stated that the Indian security agencies have been tracking Jundal, Lashkar-e-Taiba operative, for nearly a year and the information was kept a "well guarded secret".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why