India not to share info on Jundal with Pakistan
New Delhi: India will not share with Pakistan any information related to Syed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal who was arrested by the Delhi Police for his role in the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, sources in the Home Ministry said on Thursday.
Zaibuddin is being interrogated by law enforcement agencies and the ministry does not want its investigations hampered in any manner by sharing such information with Pakistan.
The sources said that Zabiuddin, an Indian national, holds a Pakistani passport and two Pakistani identity cards. "This indicates Pakistan`s complicity," a source said.
Zabiuddin, a key handler of 26/11 attackers, was arrested on June 21 on his arrival from Saudi Arabia.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had yesterday said there was clearly Pakistani state support to the terrorists responsible for the 26/11 attack.
His comments had evoked sharp reaction from Pakistan`s Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik who after rejecting Chidambaram`s assertion of "state support" to the terrorists said that ISI was a target of "propaganda campaign".
Chidambaram had stated that the Indian security agencies have been tracking Jundal, Lashkar-e-Taiba operative, for nearly a year and the information was kept a "well guarded secret".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state