India not to share info on Jundal with Pakistan
New Delhi: India will not share with Pakistan any information related to Syed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal who was arrested by the Delhi Police for his role in the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, sources in the Home Ministry said on Thursday.
Zaibuddin is being interrogated by law enforcement agencies and the ministry does not want its investigations hampered in any manner by sharing such information with Pakistan.
The sources said that Zabiuddin, an Indian national, holds a Pakistani passport and two Pakistani identity cards. "This indicates Pakistan`s complicity," a source said.
Zabiuddin, a key handler of 26/11 attackers, was arrested on June 21 on his arrival from Saudi Arabia.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had yesterday said there was clearly Pakistani state support to the terrorists responsible for the 26/11 attack.
His comments had evoked sharp reaction from Pakistan`s Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik who after rejecting Chidambaram`s assertion of "state support" to the terrorists said that ISI was a target of "propaganda campaign".
Chidambaram had stated that the Indian security agencies have been tracking Jundal, Lashkar-e-Taiba operative, for nearly a year and the information was kept a "well guarded secret".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered