India objects to inaccuracy in J&K map on US site
New Delhi: India on Wednesday took strong objection
to the "gross inaccuracies" depicted with regard to Jammu and
Kashmir in a map on US State Department website and said it
will take up the matter with the American government.
"The Government is aware of the gross inaccuracies in the
map of India on the US State Department website. The
Government has consistently rejected incorrect depiction of
India`s borders on maps used by the US Government... We shall
reiterate our position to the US," External Affairs spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said here.
The US State Department has posted a map of India which
reflects the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir with dotted
lines, thereby projecting it as a disputed territory.
The MEA spokesperson said India has "used every
opportunity to convey to the US side its concern in this
regard, and has asked that these maps be corrected."
"The Government takes this opportunity to reaffirm that
the entire State of Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of
India and has consistently conveyed to the international
community that maps of India should depict the boundaries of
our country correctly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona