India objects to inaccuracy in J&K map on US site
New Delhi: India on Wednesday took strong objection
to the "gross inaccuracies" depicted with regard to Jammu and
Kashmir in a map on US State Department website and said it
will take up the matter with the American government.
"The Government is aware of the gross inaccuracies in the
map of India on the US State Department website. The
Government has consistently rejected incorrect depiction of
India`s borders on maps used by the US Government... We shall
reiterate our position to the US," External Affairs spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said here.
The US State Department has posted a map of India which
reflects the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir with dotted
lines, thereby projecting it as a disputed territory.
The MEA spokesperson said India has "used every
opportunity to convey to the US side its concern in this
regard, and has asked that these maps be corrected."
"The Government takes this opportunity to reaffirm that
the entire State of Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of
India and has consistently conveyed to the international
community that maps of India should depict the boundaries of
our country correctly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra