India offers assistance to Pakistan in treating Sarabjit Singh
Moscow: With Sarabjit Singh battling for life in a Lahore hospital, India on Saturday offered medical assistance to Pakistan in treating the prisoner and said it will use this incident as an additional ground to push hard to get him back to his homeland.
"The best we can we will. Right now there is very little we can do in terms of medical intervention, unless Pakistan seeks any assistance in medical diagnosis," External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told reporters here.
Khurshid said India will continue to push very hard to bring Singh back using this incident as an additional ground for persuading Pakistan.
He said the decision to get Singh back to India should not be and emotional or political one. "It should be a medical decision," he said.
"We would be willing to cooperate in any way should Pakistan government need any assistance," he said.
The minister said the government had made efforts to get him back but "it is really difficult for us to go beyond a point on the issue of this nature."
Khurshid said the government of India will "consistently and constantly" remain engaged to ensure it does the best it can for him.
He termed the attack as "extremely unfortunate, distressing and disturbing".
"We have got consular access but we are still concerned about his medical condition," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog