India offers higher education expertise to Lanka
Colombo: India, which recently tripled its
scholarships for Lankan students, has offered to share its the
rapid advancements made in the field of higher education and
research with Sri Lanka.
The possibilities of cooperation between the two
countries in higher education are immense given that India
continues to be a popular destination among Sri Lankan
students, Ashok K Kantha, the High Commissioner of India said
while inaugurating the `Indian Education Fair` on Sunday.
Kantha said the three-day fair organized as an annual
feature is for the students who are unable to visit India.
Such students could explore options by meeting representatives
of institutions right at their door step in Sri Lanka.
He also highlighted India`s decision to increase the
number of scholarships by nearly three times, to reach 270
scholarships and highly subsidized self-financing slots, which
would be available from the current year.
These scholarships would be funded by India under a grant
assistance amounting to 2.5 billion Sri Lankan Rupees, to be
spent over a three year period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi