India offers USD 10 mn line of credit to Swaziland
New Delhi: India has offered line of
credit of USD 10 million to Swaziland to set up a Science and
The line of credit was extended during Lok Sabha Speaker
Meira Kumar`s visit to the southern African country.
Kumar is in Swaziland to attend the Executive Committee
meetings of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA).
During her meeting with Prime Minister Barnabas Sibusio
Dlamini in Mbabane, Kumar expressed her admiration for the
country`s rich cultural traditions, a statement from the Lok
Sabha secretariat said here.
She said though the countries were located in
different continents, memories of what India and Swaziland
have gone through in terms of struggles and hardships of the
people bring the two closer and create areas of understanding
for each other.
Dlamini appreciated the fact that trade and commercial
ties between the two countries were being strengthened and
expressed happiness on the friendly gesture from India of
extending the LoC. He hoped that it would be finalised soon.
He said that at a time when Swaziland was trying to find
an identity in the global scenario, India was extending
unstinted support to the country.
Kumar assured Swaziland of India`s continued support in
its development efforts as part of South-South cooperation.
The Speaker also met Indian families, mostly from Daman
and Diu, engaged in businesses or serving as professors at
institutions of higher learning in Mbabane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25