India one of US` `strongest allies and friends`: Senator
Washington: Senator John Cornyn, founder and co-chairman of the Senate India Caucus, has greeted Indian Americans on India`s Independence Day saying their native country was among America`s "strongest allies and friends".
"I want to congratulate all Indian Americans in Texas and across the country as we mark India`s Independence Day," the Republican lawmaker from Texas said in a statement.
"India and the United States are cooperating more closely now than ever before, and the relationship between our two nations continues to strengthen and benefit both of us," Cornyn said. "I`m proud to say India is one of our nation`s strongest allies and friends."
"My congratulations to the world`s largest democracy and the millions of Indian Americans living in this country as you celebrate freedom and independence on this important day."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?