India one of US` `strongest allies and friends`: Senator
Washington: Senator John Cornyn, founder and co-chairman of the Senate India Caucus, has greeted Indian Americans on India`s Independence Day saying their native country was among America`s "strongest allies and friends".
"I want to congratulate all Indian Americans in Texas and across the country as we mark India`s Independence Day," the Republican lawmaker from Texas said in a statement.
"India and the United States are cooperating more closely now than ever before, and the relationship between our two nations continues to strengthen and benefit both of us," Cornyn said. "I`m proud to say India is one of our nation`s strongest allies and friends."
"My congratulations to the world`s largest democracy and the millions of Indian Americans living in this country as you celebrate freedom and independence on this important day."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore