India one of US` `strongest allies and friends`: Senator
Washington: Senator John Cornyn, founder and co-chairman of the Senate India Caucus, has greeted Indian Americans on India`s Independence Day saying their native country was among America`s "strongest allies and friends".
"I want to congratulate all Indian Americans in Texas and across the country as we mark India`s Independence Day," the Republican lawmaker from Texas said in a statement.
"India and the United States are cooperating more closely now than ever before, and the relationship between our two nations continues to strengthen and benefit both of us," Cornyn said. "I`m proud to say India is one of our nation`s strongest allies and friends."
"My congratulations to the world`s largest democracy and the millions of Indian Americans living in this country as you celebrate freedom and independence on this important day."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says