India one of US` `strongest allies and friends`: Senator
Washington: Senator John Cornyn, founder and co-chairman of the Senate India Caucus, has greeted Indian Americans on India`s Independence Day saying their native country was among America`s "strongest allies and friends".
"I want to congratulate all Indian Americans in Texas and across the country as we mark India`s Independence Day," the Republican lawmaker from Texas said in a statement.
"India and the United States are cooperating more closely now than ever before, and the relationship between our two nations continues to strengthen and benefit both of us," Cornyn said. "I`m proud to say India is one of our nation`s strongest allies and friends."
"My congratulations to the world`s largest democracy and the millions of Indian Americans living in this country as you celebrate freedom and independence on this important day."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video