India opposes sanctions against Iran at BRIC, IBSA summits
Brasilia: India opposed a drive by western countries to impose new sanctions against Iran at the recently concluded IBSA and BRIC summits here.
There was a free exchange of views on Iran, where the Indian prime minister opposed sanctions and advocated dialogue to resolve the Iranian issue, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma told journalists Saturday. Iran needs to be engaged, he said.
At the BRIC summit held in Brasilia Friday, leaders of Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) agreed that the sanctions against Tehran will be counter productive and advocated diplomacy to resolve the Iranian nuclear crisis.
IBSA countries are India, Brazil and South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love