India opposes sanctions against Iran at BRIC, IBSA summits
Brasilia: India opposed a drive by western countries to impose new sanctions against Iran at the recently concluded IBSA and BRIC summits here.
There was a free exchange of views on Iran, where the Indian prime minister opposed sanctions and advocated dialogue to resolve the Iranian issue, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma told journalists Saturday. Iran needs to be engaged, he said.
At the BRIC summit held in Brasilia Friday, leaders of Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) agreed that the sanctions against Tehran will be counter productive and advocated diplomacy to resolve the Iranian nuclear crisis.
IBSA countries are India, Brazil and South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you