India over-reacted to Sarabjit death: Ex-RAW chief
Panaji: The Indian state appeared to have "over-reacted" over the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan, a former top spy said on Saturday.
Amber Sen, a former special secretary in the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), was delivering a lecture on terrorism at the International Centre in Panaji.
"The Indian state over-reacted," said Sen.
Sarabjit, who spent more than two decades in Pakistan on charges of being an Indian spy, died of severe head injuries following a murderous attack in a Lahore jail. He was given a state funeral in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days