India over-reacted to Sarabjit death: Ex-RAW chief
Panaji: The Indian state appeared to have "over-reacted" over the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan, a former top spy said on Saturday.
Amber Sen, a former special secretary in the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), was delivering a lecture on terrorism at the International Centre in Panaji.
"The Indian state over-reacted," said Sen.
Sarabjit, who spent more than two decades in Pakistan on charges of being an Indian spy, died of severe head injuries following a murderous attack in a Lahore jail. He was given a state funeral in Punjab.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference