India over-reacted to Sarabjit death: Ex-RAW chief
Panaji: The Indian state appeared to have "over-reacted" over the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan, a former top spy said on Saturday.
Amber Sen, a former special secretary in the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), was delivering a lecture on terrorism at the International Centre in Panaji.
"The Indian state over-reacted," said Sen.
Sarabjit, who spent more than two decades in Pakistan on charges of being an Indian spy, died of severe head injuries following a murderous attack in a Lahore jail. He was given a state funeral in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'