India over-reacted to Sarabjit death: Ex-RAW chief
Panaji: The Indian state appeared to have "over-reacted" over the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan, a former top spy said on Saturday.
Amber Sen, a former special secretary in the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), was delivering a lecture on terrorism at the International Centre in Panaji.
"The Indian state over-reacted," said Sen.
Sarabjit, who spent more than two decades in Pakistan on charges of being an Indian spy, died of severe head injuries following a murderous attack in a Lahore jail. He was given a state funeral in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof