India, Pak border guards praised for safe return of girl
Bikaner: The family of the seven-year-old girl who had strayed into Pakistan and locals in her village have thanked border officials in both India and the neighbouring country for the safe return of the child.
Pooja, who was handed over to BSF at Neelkanth outpost on Monday night, returned home in new clothes and footwear and with candies which Pakistan Rangers had given her.
"Sukhram (Pooja`s father) was apprehensive about the condition of his daughter who had inadvertently strayed into Pakistan on Friday evening.
"(So) when he was informed by BSF officials that Pooja has returned safely, he was extremely happy," Ravindra Kachawa, sarpanch of 34 KYD Panchayat, said on Wednesday.
"The BSF and Pakistan Rangers played a good role in locating her and ensuring her safe return. Sukhram thanked BSF and also conveyed the same gesture for Pakistan Rangers," Kachawa added.
Locals and Khajuwala Legislator Vishwanath Meghwal visited the girl`s family at their residence to congratulate them on her return.
District Collector Arti Dogra said when the girl had crossed the fencing at the border and entered into Pakistan, "BSF informed their counterparts after footmarks suggested that she had entered into Pakistan.
"BSF was in regular touch with Pakistan and the result was good for all," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report