India, Pak finalize draft visa accord to ease trav
New Delhi: India and Pakistan on Friday
finalised the draft of the new Bilateral Visa Agreement to
ease travel for the nationals of either country desiring to
visit the other.
The draft was finalised during the second meeting of the
Joint Working Group (JWG) on visa matters which also examined
the modalities for streamlining the visa procedures, a
Ministery of External Affairs statement said here.
The two-day meeting, which was held in pursuance of the
decision taken during the India-Pakistan Home/Interior
Secretary-level talks held in March, was a follow-up on the
deliberations held in the first meeting of the JWG in
Islamabad in June earlier this year.
The meeting was led by Anil Goswami, Additional
Secretary(Foreigners), Ministry of Home Affairs, and Nasar
Hayat, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Interior, from
"The discussions were held in a friendly and cordial
atmosphere. The two sides finalized the draft text of the
Agreement which will be submitted to the respective
governments for obtaining necessary approvals in order to sign
the Agreement at an early date," MEA said.
According to sources, the draft text provides for
hassle-free visa procedure for the businessmen from either
It also provides for more than three destinations for
visit in each country to the travellers from India as well as
Pakistan. At present, travellers are permitted to visit only
three places in one visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir