India-Pak Home Secy level talks likely this month
New Delhi: Amid renewed engagements between
India and Pakistan, Home Secretaries of the two countries may
hold a bilateral meeting later this month in Islamabad.
Pakistan has offered to host the next India-Pak Home
Secretary level talks in the later half of April and asked
New Delhi to inform it whether the period is suitable for
Islamabad`s proposal is being examined at the highest
level of the government and New Delhi is expected to convey to
Pakistan about its mind next week, official sources said.
If it suits Home Secretary R K Singh, government may give
its go-ahead for the bilateral meeting which has already been
postponed once, sources said.
Earlier, India had proposed the Home Secretary level
talks on December 22-23 but Islamabad could not give its
consent due to its domestic political situation at that time.
If the meeting takes place, this will be the first
meeting between Home Secretary R K Singh and his Pakistani
counterpart K Siddique Akbar.
Their predecessors Gopal K Pillai and Qamar Zaman
Chaudhary, had met in March 2011 in New Delhi.
Last week Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had met Pakistan
Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani on the sidelines of Nuclear
Security Summit in Seoul.
Singh will host a lunch for Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari when he arrives here on a "private visit" on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof