India-Pak Home Secy level talks likely this month
New Delhi: Amid renewed engagements between
India and Pakistan, Home Secretaries of the two countries may
hold a bilateral meeting later this month in Islamabad.
Pakistan has offered to host the next India-Pak Home
Secretary level talks in the later half of April and asked
New Delhi to inform it whether the period is suitable for
Islamabad`s proposal is being examined at the highest
level of the government and New Delhi is expected to convey to
Pakistan about its mind next week, official sources said.
If it suits Home Secretary R K Singh, government may give
its go-ahead for the bilateral meeting which has already been
postponed once, sources said.
Earlier, India had proposed the Home Secretary level
talks on December 22-23 but Islamabad could not give its
consent due to its domestic political situation at that time.
If the meeting takes place, this will be the first
meeting between Home Secretary R K Singh and his Pakistani
counterpart K Siddique Akbar.
Their predecessors Gopal K Pillai and Qamar Zaman
Chaudhary, had met in March 2011 in New Delhi.
Last week Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had met Pakistan
Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani on the sidelines of Nuclear
Security Summit in Seoul.
Singh will host a lunch for Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari when he arrives here on a "private visit" on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!