India, Pak must intervene to stop border skirmishes: Tarigami
Srinagar: Condemning the killing of five Indian soldiers along the LOC in Jammu and Kashmir, state unit of CPI(M) on Thursday said the leadership of India and Pakistan should intervene to put an end to border skirmishes.
"The killing of five Indian soldiers in an ambush on the border is unfortunate and strongly commendable and these incidents must come to an end," CPI(M) state secretary M Y Tarigami said.
"The leadership of India and Pakistan must intervene and put an end to the skirmishes between the troops which has led to loss of innumerable precious lives," Tarigami said.
He said tense situation along the border generated fear among the inhabitants of the areas and could also escalate the situation beyond control.
He said important initiatives like trade and travel across the LoC were being affected by the skirmishes.
"But unfortunately, the incidents of skirmishes and hostilities along the border derail the efforts of formation of better understanding and amity between the two neighbouring countries," Tarigami said.
He said the increased incidents of ceasefire violation along the Line of Control "has provided room to jingoistic voices and war-mongers who are bent on deteriorating the fragile relations between the two neighbouring countries."
The CPI (M) leader said for the last couple of years, despite many odds, there was a genuine commitment to improve relations among political leaders in both the countries.
"The tragedy of the fragile relations between these two neighbouring countries is that the painstaking progress at different levels can be overturned in an instant by violence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price