India, Pak review implementation of existing bilateral CBMs
New Delhi: India and Pakistan on Thursday reviewed the implementation of existing bilateral confidence building measures, including the ceasefire along the LoC during their expert-level meeting on conventional CBMs here.
The two sides also exchanged ideas to further advance the CBM process and reaffirmed their commitment to continue discussions with the aim of strengthening conventional CBMs, a joint statement issued after the meeting said.
"The talks were held in a cordial and constructive atmosphere," it said.
The two sides also agreed to report the progress made during the current round of talks to their respective Foreign Secretaries.
The Indian side also took up the recent incidents of ceasefire violations by Pakistan, sources said.
The Indian delegation during the talks was led by Y K Sinha, Additional Secretary (PAI), Ministry of External Affairs, while Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry, Additional Secretary (UN&EC), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, led the Pakistan team.
The last expert-level meetings on Conventional and Nuclear Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) between India and Pakistan were held on December 26-27, 2011 in Islamabad.
"During their meetings in Islamabad on September 8, 2012, the External Affairs Minister and Foreign Minister of Pakistan had agreed that the next round would be held in the second half of December 2012," the Ministry of External Affairs said.
In the last meeting, Pakistan had proposed to India that deployment of artillery and mortars should be done 30 kilometres away from the Line of Control. However, New Delhi had responded that these were not deployed in "offensive position".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm