India, Pak to launch new visa regime today
New Delhi: A revised visa agreement between India and Pakistan will be launched on Friday when Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik arrives on a three-day visit to India, official sources said.
Besides the revised visa agreement, the two countries would also discuss counter-terrorism, border management, fake Indian currency notes and cooperation among security and investigation agencies.
Malik will call on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon, and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj December 15.
The official delegation accompanying Malik includes members from interior ministry, foreign ministry, and Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) among others. This is Malik`s first official visit to India.
From the Indian side, besides Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, his junior RPN Singh and senior officials from home ministry, external affairs ministry and various security agencies would take part in the deliberations.
Malik is visiting India at Shinde`s invitation.
Malik will be arriving at the Palam Technical Airport at 2 pm along with his wife and a delegation which includes officials from FIA.
The announcement and operationalisation of the new visa regime will replace a 38-year-old restrictive accord and will pave the way for time-bound visa approval and greater people-to-people contact and trade.
During the official-level talks, the Home Ministry will take up the issue of handing over the voice samples of the handlers of 10 Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists who had carried out the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks and the custody of LeT founder Hafeez Saeed.
The Indian side will draw the attention to four booklets handed over to Pakistani authorities during Krishna`s visit which include the number of wanted person including underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, activities of ISI in Kashmir, progress on 26/11 and evidences of Pakistani territory being used for anti-India activities.
The FIA officials are likely to hold separate meetings with NIA and CBI officials during which the issue of pumping Fake Indian Currency Notes into India from Pakistan, smuggling of narcotics will be discussed.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22