India, Pakistan govts misled people on Sarabjit: Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday termed the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Lahore hospital as “very sad”. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) also hit out at the governments of both India and Pakistan, accusing them of misleading people.
Modi posted a tweet saying, “Both, the Government of India & Government of Pakistan have misled people on Sarabjit Singh issue. The truth on this issue must come out (sic).”
The Gujarat Chief Minister attacked the Centre, claiming that it had failed to give a strong answer to Pakistan. In a scathing attack on the Centre, Modi tweeted, “Centre is unable to give a strong answer to Pakistan`s inhuman acts. Beheading of our soldiers & now Sarabjit`s death are 2 recent examples (sic).”
He further offered his condolences to the family of Sarabjit Singh.
Later, addressing a public rally in Mangalore, Modi termed the death of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan as an "extra judicial killing".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family