India, Pakistan govts misled people on Sarabjit: Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday termed the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Lahore hospital as “very sad”. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) also hit out at the governments of both India and Pakistan, accusing them of misleading people.
Modi posted a tweet saying, “Both, the Government of India & Government of Pakistan have misled people on Sarabjit Singh issue. The truth on this issue must come out (sic).”
The Gujarat Chief Minister attacked the Centre, claiming that it had failed to give a strong answer to Pakistan. In a scathing attack on the Centre, Modi tweeted, “Centre is unable to give a strong answer to Pakistan`s inhuman acts. Beheading of our soldiers & now Sarabjit`s death are 2 recent examples (sic).”
He further offered his condolences to the family of Sarabjit Singh.
Later, addressing a public rally in Mangalore, Modi termed the death of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan as an "extra judicial killing".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam