India, Pakistan govts misled people on Sarabjit: Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday termed the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Lahore hospital as “very sad”. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) also hit out at the governments of both India and Pakistan, accusing them of misleading people.
Modi posted a tweet saying, “Both, the Government of India & Government of Pakistan have misled people on Sarabjit Singh issue. The truth on this issue must come out (sic).”
The Gujarat Chief Minister attacked the Centre, claiming that it had failed to give a strong answer to Pakistan. In a scathing attack on the Centre, Modi tweeted, “Centre is unable to give a strong answer to Pakistan`s inhuman acts. Beheading of our soldiers & now Sarabjit`s death are 2 recent examples (sic).”
He further offered his condolences to the family of Sarabjit Singh.
Later, addressing a public rally in Mangalore, Modi termed the death of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan as an "extra judicial killing".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch