India, Pakistan govts misled people on Sarabjit: Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday termed the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Lahore hospital as “very sad”. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) also hit out at the governments of both India and Pakistan, accusing them of misleading people.
Modi posted a tweet saying, “Both, the Government of India & Government of Pakistan have misled people on Sarabjit Singh issue. The truth on this issue must come out (sic).”
The Gujarat Chief Minister attacked the Centre, claiming that it had failed to give a strong answer to Pakistan. In a scathing attack on the Centre, Modi tweeted, “Centre is unable to give a strong answer to Pakistan`s inhuman acts. Beheading of our soldiers & now Sarabjit`s death are 2 recent examples (sic).”
He further offered his condolences to the family of Sarabjit Singh.
Later, addressing a public rally in Mangalore, Modi termed the death of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan as an "extra judicial killing".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75
- HDFC Realty, SBI Caps to auction 61 properties of Sahara