India, Palestine to hold bilateral talks today
New Delhi: India and Palestine will hold bilateral delegation-level talks here on Tuesday.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who arrived here on Monday night on a state visit, will hold delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the two sides will also sign three pacts.
Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari will then call on President Abbas at ``The Leela Palace`` here at around 4: 30 pm.
The Palestinian President will then meet President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Abbas is accompanied by a delegation comprising senior ministers including Dr Saeb MS Erakat, PLO Executive Committee member, and Nabil GO Aburudainah, President`s advisor.
This is Abbas`s second state visit and his fourth visit to India. He will depart from New Delhi on Wednesday.
India`s solidarity with the Palestinian people and its support for the Palestinian cause go back in time. India has extended its consistent and unwavering support to the Palestinian issue.
Apart from strong political support to the Palestinian cause at international, regional and bilateral levels, India has also been extending material and technical assistance to the Palestinian people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands