India, Palestine to hold bilateral talks today
New Delhi: India and Palestine will hold bilateral delegation-level talks here on Tuesday.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who arrived here on Monday night on a state visit, will hold delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the two sides will also sign three pacts.
Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari will then call on President Abbas at ``The Leela Palace`` here at around 4: 30 pm.
The Palestinian President will then meet President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Abbas is accompanied by a delegation comprising senior ministers including Dr Saeb MS Erakat, PLO Executive Committee member, and Nabil GO Aburudainah, President`s advisor.
This is Abbas`s second state visit and his fourth visit to India. He will depart from New Delhi on Wednesday.
India`s solidarity with the Palestinian people and its support for the Palestinian cause go back in time. India has extended its consistent and unwavering support to the Palestinian issue.
Apart from strong political support to the Palestinian cause at international, regional and bilateral levels, India has also been extending material and technical assistance to the Palestinian people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra