India playing a constructive role in Afghan future: US
Washington: India is playing a constructive role in the future of Afghanistan, the US said thursday and praised its efforts towards economic development of this war-torn country.
"India`s been a big economic investor, it`s been a big development investor, it`s been supportive of police force strengthening in Afghanistan, and they`ve been a big contributor to the broader Silk Road vision that the secretary strongly supports," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
"So India`s playing a constructive role in Afghanistan`s future," she said responding to a question on India`s role in Afghanistan.
Last week, officials from India, Afghanistan and the United States held their first tri-lateral dialogue on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Will not allow our territory for any anti-India activity: Myanmar to India
- Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan `protection force`
- Rio-returned athlete Sudha Singh hospitalized
- Companies' business confidence index grows 2.2% in June quarter
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark