India playing a constructive role in Afghan future: US
Washington: India is playing a constructive role in the future of Afghanistan, the US said thursday and praised its efforts towards economic development of this war-torn country.
"India`s been a big economic investor, it`s been a big development investor, it`s been supportive of police force strengthening in Afghanistan, and they`ve been a big contributor to the broader Silk Road vision that the secretary strongly supports," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
"So India`s playing a constructive role in Afghanistan`s future," she said responding to a question on India`s role in Afghanistan.
Last week, officials from India, Afghanistan and the United States held their first tri-lateral dialogue on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling