India playing a constructive role in Afghan future: US
Washington: India is playing a constructive role in the future of Afghanistan, the US said thursday and praised its efforts towards economic development of this war-torn country.
"India`s been a big economic investor, it`s been a big development investor, it`s been supportive of police force strengthening in Afghanistan, and they`ve been a big contributor to the broader Silk Road vision that the secretary strongly supports," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
"So India`s playing a constructive role in Afghanistan`s future," she said responding to a question on India`s role in Afghanistan.
Last week, officials from India, Afghanistan and the United States held their first tri-lateral dialogue on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed