India playing a constructive role in Afghan future: US
Washington: India is playing a constructive role in the future of Afghanistan, the US said thursday and praised its efforts towards economic development of this war-torn country.
"India`s been a big economic investor, it`s been a big development investor, it`s been supportive of police force strengthening in Afghanistan, and they`ve been a big contributor to the broader Silk Road vision that the secretary strongly supports," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
"So India`s playing a constructive role in Afghanistan`s future," she said responding to a question on India`s role in Afghanistan.
Last week, officials from India, Afghanistan and the United States held their first tri-lateral dialogue on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing