India playing a constructive role in Afghan future: US
Washington: India is playing a constructive role in the future of Afghanistan, the US said thursday and praised its efforts towards economic development of this war-torn country.
"India`s been a big economic investor, it`s been a big development investor, it`s been supportive of police force strengthening in Afghanistan, and they`ve been a big contributor to the broader Silk Road vision that the secretary strongly supports," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
"So India`s playing a constructive role in Afghanistan`s future," she said responding to a question on India`s role in Afghanistan.
Last week, officials from India, Afghanistan and the United States held their first tri-lateral dialogue on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees