`India preparing for a possible two-front war with Pak, China`
Beijing: India continues to view Pakistan as the "real threat" even though it is adjusting its military strategy to include the possibility of a limited two-front war with both Pakistan and China, the first Blue Book on India published by a Chinese think tank said.
Pakistan is India`s main "real threat" to maintain a high degree of vigilance and preparedness, the summary of the Blue Book released by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, (CASS) said.
The report says Indian military deployment on land is mainly fixated against Pakistan but in recent times, it is also being adjusted for both China and Pakistan.
The book in Chinese language, the first ever on India, said, New Delhi is focusing to deal with limited war with China and Pakistan at the same time.
It spoke of large increase in troops at the borders and upgradation of border forces with new weapons and equipment.
The report spoke about India`s maritime military deployment in recent years, the prime cause of China`s worry as it regards India`s fast expanding blue water navy as a major threat.
The book, which speaks of India`s efforts in the past to strengthen its maritime military strength in the East, specially mentioned Indian Navy`s Eastern Naval Command and its bases in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
It also spoke of increase in Indian defence budget with the rapid growth of the Indian economy making it the biggest buyer of the international arms.
About India`s policy towards neighbours, it said New Delhi continued to pursue the "Gujral Doctrine" on neighbouring countries to provide unilateral assistance, enhancing mutual trust and cooperation with the neighbouring countries of South Asia, while continuing to push forward the peace process with Pakistan.
India also established a strategic partnership with Afghanistan while developing relations with Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!