India preparing national employment policy: Kharge
New Delhi: India today said it is preparing
a National Employment Policy to provide a framework towards
achieving the goal of providing decent employment for all men
and women in the labour force.
"India is in the process of formulating a NEP... it will
provide a holistic framework towards achieving the goal of
remunerative and decent employment for all men and women in
the labour force in a sustainable manner," Labour and
Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge said.
The minister was addressing the 99th Session of the
International Labour Conference at Geneva, which is being
attended by 170 countries.
Kharge said though job growth has reappeared, global
unemployment is still at record levels.
"We are all aware that there is no sustainable recovery
without job recovery. The test we face today is to secure a
strong, sustainable and balanced growth that leads to social
stability provided by decent work for all," he added.
Pointing out that countries responded differently to the
global downturn, Kharge said India was among the first few
countries to implement a broad-based counter-cyclical policy
package to respond to the negative fallout of the global
"India responded to the challenge of minimising the
impact of the crisis and shifted its policy stance from
monetary tightening to monetary easing. Our policy response
was aimed at enhancing the availability of credit at lower
cost for financing economic activities," the minister added.
He said India agreed with ILO that the size of the
deficits and the level of debt will have to be brought down in
an orderly manner.
"Governments are in agreement that exit strategies from
stimulus packages need to be timed to ensure their link to an
upswing in demand and growth. India believes that exit
policies of various countries should be broadly coordinated,
but not necessarily synchronised as each country has a
different situation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!