India preparing new hi-tech naval base to counter China
New Delhi: With an eye on China, India is preparing its new technically advanced naval base on the country`s eastern coast. As per reports in an English daily, the base will have underground bunkers to protect the nuclear-powered submarines like INS Arihant from spies and aerial attacks.
The daily quoted sources as saying that a series of meetings were held between the PMO and the Defence Ministry for the expansion plans of the naval base called `Project Varsha` near Rambilli on the coast of Andhra Pradesh. This is about 50 km from the Eastern Naval Command headquarters at Visakhapatnam.
Though the project is slowly beginning to take shape, and seen by many as a answer to China`s nuclear submarine base at Yalong which is on the southern tip Haiman island.
The development work for India`s new high-tech naval base has been under-construction for more than a year. Lot of work still needs to be done on it like building of depots and tunnels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman