India raises outsourcing, visa fee issues with US
Washington: Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao has said she has raised the outsourcing ban and H1B Visa fee hike issues with the US authorities. Rao was speaking to an Indian news channel Saturday morning.
The Foreign Secretary is in Washington to prepare ground for US President Barack Obama’s visit to India in November.
The Visa fee hike is costing the India IT sector USD 200 million.
“I was able to convey to them that the issue was of serious concern to our industry and essentially was perceived as a rise in protectionist sentiment in the US and we needed to address these issues,” she told the news channel.
The outsourcing ban and the Visa fee hike issues are likely to figure out in detail when Commerce and Industries Minister Anand Sharma meets US Trade Representative Ron Kirk on September 23. The minister will be in Chicago and Washington from September 20-23. Besides the trade representative, he will also meet with a host of business heads to push the bilateral trade relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city