India raises outsourcing, visa fee issues with US
Washington: Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao has said she has raised the outsourcing ban and H1B Visa fee hike issues with the US authorities. Rao was speaking to an Indian news channel Saturday morning.
The Foreign Secretary is in Washington to prepare ground for US President Barack Obama’s visit to India in November.
The Visa fee hike is costing the India IT sector USD 200 million.
“I was able to convey to them that the issue was of serious concern to our industry and essentially was perceived as a rise in protectionist sentiment in the US and we needed to address these issues,” she told the news channel.
The outsourcing ban and the Visa fee hike issues are likely to figure out in detail when Commerce and Industries Minister Anand Sharma meets US Trade Representative Ron Kirk on September 23. The minister will be in Chicago and Washington from September 20-23. Besides the trade representative, he will also meet with a host of business heads to push the bilateral trade relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate