India refuses to blame Iran for blast
New Delhi: Refusing to pinpoint Iran for the
Israeli car bomb blast, India on Wednesday said it has no
evidence about any individual, entity, organisation and
country involved in the attack which left an Israeli diplomat
"As of today, we have no evidence to find any individual,
entity, organisation and country being involved in this
incident (car blast)," official spokesperson in the Ministry
of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin said.
He was asked whether there was any information with the
government to show Iran`s involvement in the blast, as was
being claimed by Israel, and if that would change the dynamics
of India-Iran ties.
Meanwhile, official sources also refused to speculate the
basis of the Israeli allegation that Tehran was responsible
for the terror blast.
Emphasising that India`s ties with Iran whether on energy
front or overall trade sector were driven by its own national
interest, the sources said "certain objective realities in our
economic situation will always be taken into account and there
are some international measures which will also have impact on
However, the sources were also quick to point out that
there were various options available with India to carry on
with its oil import from Iran apart from engaging with other
countries for the same.
Not withstanding a lot of pressure on it to restrict its
engagement with Iran from various countries, including the US
and Israel, New Delhi has been maintaining that its
relationship with Tehran will be driven by its national
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!