India rejects allegations of involvement in Lahore attack
New Delhi: "Deeply disappointed" over the charges by Pakistan regarding its involvement in blasts, India on Saturday said it was unfortunate that by repeating such
"unfounded and unsubstantiated allegations" that country puts strain on the bilateral relationship.
"Unequivocally" condemning the allegations, India rejected charges of any involvement in such acts or activities and said Pakistan should "concentrate on dismantling the infrastructure of terrorism directed against India and adversely impacting on
India "unequivocally condemns the series of bomb blasts in Lahore on March 12, 2010 which claimed the lives of scores of people, including innocent civilians, and injured many more, among them women and children. Our condolences go out to the
families of those killed by these acts of terrorism," External Affairs Ministry said in a statement.
"At the same time, Government is deeply disappointed by statements emanating from Pakistan alleging an Indian hand in yesterday’s attacks in Lahore, and other terrorist acts and disturbances elsewhere in Pakistan.
"We categorically reject, once again, the allegations of India’s involvement in such acts or activities. Government has reiterated on several occasions, and at the highest level,
that India has no interest in destabilising Pakistan."
"It is unfortunate that by repeating such unfounded and unsubstantiated allegations, officials in responsible positions in the Government of Pakistan put a strain on our
bilateral relationship, instead of concentrating on dismantling the infrastructure of terrorism directed against India and adversely impacting on Pakistan itself," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you