India rejects Pak diplomat`s remarks, terms it `unacceptable`
New York: India on Thursday strongly rejected Pakistan`s allegation that it was sponsoring terrorism in South Asia, with External Affairs Minister SM Krishna terming
it as "unacceptable".
"We have rejected it... This is totally unacceptable," Krishna told a news agency as he left New York after attending the opening session of the General Assembly here.
"The track record of India speaks so eloquently," he added. "We don`t need to defend our position."
On Wednesday, following Krishna`s speech at the annual debate of the General Assembly in which he blasted Pakistan for sponsoring terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistani delegates charged India of supporting terrorism in South Asia.
"The Indian government is well advised to take careful stock of its own polices and conduct that includes supporting terrorist elements in neighbouring countries which contributes to the problems facing South Asia," said Amjad Hussain B Sial, deputy envoy of Pakistan to UN.
The remarks by Pakistani diplomat led to a sharp exchange of words between the diplomats of both countries in the General Assembly.
India closed the spat by saying, "We reject all untenable and unsolicited remarks from the distinguished delegate of Pakistan."
Krishna in speech had said, "Jammu & Kashmir, which is an integral part of India, is the target of Pakistan-sponsored militancy and terrorism."
The confrontation at the UN happened after more than a week of critical remarks and retaliations from both sides, which led to a potential Indo-Pak bilateral finally not taking
place during the opening session of the General Assembly.
However, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi is expected to come to New Delhi at a date, which has yet to be decided.
Responding to whether these latest remarks by Pakistan would negatively impact future talks, Krishna said, "Draw your own conclusions."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested