India rejects Pakistan claims on Kashmir
New Delhi: India has rejected claims made by Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar about Jammu and Kashmir at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit in Cairo.
The external affairs ministry official spokesperson, in response to a query on the statement by Khar at the OIC, said: "The OIC has no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India or the recent incidents on the Line of Control."
"We have already clarified that UNMOGIP (United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan) has no relevance in regard to the latter. The propagandist suggestions made in the (Pakistani) Foreign Minister`s statement are neither new nor helpful."
Pakistan called for an investigation into the recent incidents on the LoC by the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.
"We would also welcome an OIC fact-finding mission to investigate the recent incidents of ceasefire violations along the LoC," Khar said while addressing a meeting of the OIC contact group on Kashmir in Cairo earlier this week.
She also reiterated that Pakistan is ready to work with the UNMOGIP to carry out an independent inquiry into the ceasefire violations last month.
One Indian soldier was beheaded while the body of another soldier was mutilated by the Pakistan Army men in ceasefire violations in Mendhar sector in Poonch last month. Pakistan claims three of its soldiers were killed in Indian firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez