India rejects Pakistan claims on Kashmir
New Delhi: India has rejected claims made by Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar about Jammu and Kashmir at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit in Cairo.
The external affairs ministry official spokesperson, in response to a query on the statement by Khar at the OIC, said: "The OIC has no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India or the recent incidents on the Line of Control."
"We have already clarified that UNMOGIP (United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan) has no relevance in regard to the latter. The propagandist suggestions made in the (Pakistani) Foreign Minister`s statement are neither new nor helpful."
Pakistan called for an investigation into the recent incidents on the LoC by the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.
"We would also welcome an OIC fact-finding mission to investigate the recent incidents of ceasefire violations along the LoC," Khar said while addressing a meeting of the OIC contact group on Kashmir in Cairo earlier this week.
She also reiterated that Pakistan is ready to work with the UNMOGIP to carry out an independent inquiry into the ceasefire violations last month.
One Indian soldier was beheaded while the body of another soldier was mutilated by the Pakistan Army men in ceasefire violations in Mendhar sector in Poonch last month. Pakistan claims three of its soldiers were killed in Indian firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon