India repatriates 14 Pakistani prisoners
Attari (Amritsar): In a goodwill
gesture, India on Tuesday repatriated 14 Pakistani nationals
including 10 fishermen lodged in various jails in the country.
All the Pakistani nationals crossed over to Pakistan
through the land transit route in Attari after `Emergency
Travel Certificate` was issued to them by the Pakistani High
While the 10 fishermen were released from a Gujarat
jail, two Pakistanis were released in Jammu and Kashmir and
one each in Maharashtra and Punjab.
The Pakistani nationals were arrested for illegally
entering Indian territory, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre