India repatriates 91 Pakistani prisoners
Amritsar: Firming up confidence building
measures, India repatriated 91 Pakistani prisoners, including
87 fishermen, at the Amritsar-Wagah Border today on the eve of
crucial talks between the Foreign Ministers of both the
nations in New Delhi.
All the prisoners crossed the international border on the
basis of `Emergency Travel Certificate` issued by the Pakistan
High Commission in the national capital, officials said.
While, the 87 fishermen, arrested for illegally entering
India`s territorial waters, were released from Gujarat`s
Jamnagar jail, one was freed from a Haryana prison and two
were from Amritsar central jail. Another prisoner Mohammad
Raheel, who was in Sangrur jail in Punjab, was arrested from
Jammu and Kashmir for suspected involvement in terrorist
activities, they said.
Two prisoners released in Amritsar were arrested for
crossing international border without valid documents.
The Pakistanis spent one to five years in Indian jails.
The repartition move comes on a day when Foreign
Secretaries of India and Pakistan held consultations to
finalise the agenda for the meeting between their foreign
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Structural reforms needed to put India on faster growth path
- Total prohibition decision dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi: Nitish
- Centre buys 2,300 tonnes of onion so far to build buffer
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016