India reviews security after Karachi terror strike
New Delhi: The government on Monday reviewed the
country`s security and directed all states to step up vigil at
vital installations in the wake of a major terror attack in
A high-level meeting, convened by Cabinet Secretary K M
Chandrasekhar and attended by top security officials, took
stock of the country`s security situation in the wake of the
terrorist strike on a key military base in Karachi and its
possible implications for India.
"All states and security forces have been asked to
intensify vigil around the vital installations and military
camps and foil any attempt by militants to disturb peace," an
Additional forces will also be deployed in public and
religious places to prevent any sabotage attempt by anyone,
the official said.
The move reflected the government`s concern for security
in India in the wake of the attack by Taliban fighters which
led to killing of 10 security personnel and destruction of two
US-made surveillance planes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital