India reviews security after Karachi terror strike
New Delhi: The government on Monday reviewed the
country`s security and directed all states to step up vigil at
vital installations in the wake of a major terror attack in
A high-level meeting, convened by Cabinet Secretary K M
Chandrasekhar and attended by top security officials, took
stock of the country`s security situation in the wake of the
terrorist strike on a key military base in Karachi and its
possible implications for India.
"All states and security forces have been asked to
intensify vigil around the vital installations and military
camps and foil any attempt by militants to disturb peace," an
Additional forces will also be deployed in public and
religious places to prevent any sabotage attempt by anyone,
the official said.
The move reflected the government`s concern for security
in India in the wake of the attack by Taliban fighters which
led to killing of 10 security personnel and destruction of two
US-made surveillance planes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days