India reviews security after Karachi terror strike
New Delhi: The government on Monday reviewed the
country`s security and directed all states to step up vigil at
vital installations in the wake of a major terror attack in
A high-level meeting, convened by Cabinet Secretary K M
Chandrasekhar and attended by top security officials, took
stock of the country`s security situation in the wake of the
terrorist strike on a key military base in Karachi and its
possible implications for India.
"All states and security forces have been asked to
intensify vigil around the vital installations and military
camps and foil any attempt by militants to disturb peace," an
Additional forces will also be deployed in public and
religious places to prevent any sabotage attempt by anyone,
the official said.
The move reflected the government`s concern for security
in India in the wake of the attack by Taliban fighters which
led to killing of 10 security personnel and destruction of two
US-made surveillance planes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!