India rings 2010 in high spirits
Manali: The New Year eve was celebrated in high spirits all across the country on Thursday.
Tourists celebrated the coming of the New Year at Manali, in Himachal Pradesh.
Scores of tourists attended the event, organised by the state`s tourism department. They also enjoyed traditional delicacies, along with folk and cultural programmes.
Manali has been a favoured tourist destination for years.
"Given a chance, I would like to visit the place next year and celebrate the New Year," said Manjit, a tourist.
Bangalore, the IT capital of India also rang in the New Year despite heavy security.
The entire city was colourfully decorated, and markets and streets were lit with sparkling lights.
In Secunderabad city, the Christian community offered prayers for peace and prosperity in the New Year.
"I take this opportunity to wish everybody a happy and prosperous and bright new year. We see that 2009 has given lot of difficulties and problems but we don`t foresee the same. We wish that everyone has a bright future," George Victor, a devotee, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog