India, Russia prepare for INDRA-2012 drills
Moscow: Russia and India on Monday started preparations for the joint INDRA-2012 military exercises scheduled to be held in Russia this summer, a Russian official said.
Lt Col Alexander Gordeyev, spokesman for the Eastern Military District, said: "An Indian military delegation arrived on Monday in Ulan Ude (in Russia`s Far East) to discuss the preparation for INDRA-2012 military drills to be held this summer."
Russian and Indian military officials will survey the terrain at the training range where the drills will be held, the spokesman said.
Since 2003, India and Russia have conducted five of the INDRA-series joint ground and naval exercises. The last such exercise was held between the two countries` Army units in India in October 2010.
However, Russia cancelled both INDRA-series ground and naval exercises last year despite an earlier announcement by the Russian General Staff that INDRA drills may be held every year and involve three branches of the armed forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you